Saturday, November 6, 2010

WINNERS OF MY PASSION


We had some wonderful entries this week evidenced by the fact that this is the first week I can recall that all of the entries attracted votes.
 Forty four members attended and twenty one entered photographs.  Not surprisingly the natural world was involved in many of them.
We had 119 votes and the result was very close with only a few votes separating the top places.

FIRST PLACE

Walking by the river Dee by Maureen Campbell




 SECOND PLACE TIE

Autumn in New York by Terri Tighe


Flowers and Photography by Ruthie Benjamin



The American Black Bear by Scott Michael Anna



THIRD PLACE

Gone Hiking by Anthony Greco



HONORABLE MENTION

Refections in the Sky by John Pupparo


BEST OF THEME

As always this was chosen by the person setting the theme.

Gone Hiking by Anthony Greco


Scott Michael Anna had this to say about his choice :

“I choose Anthony Greco's photo as Best of theme this week, because I feel that the photo and description fit the true meaning.
Anthony stated-"Not too long ago I realized that there is nothing I enjoy more than exploring and 'capturing' nature. Pushing myself to be more specific, I feel fortunate to live near one of the most beautiful parts of much-maligned New Jersey--the cliffs of the Palisades. If anything, these beautiful formations are my passion."
This was a tough category to choose the photo that best fit the theme, along with a description that 100% showed the passion of the capture. I feel that Anthony succeeded at both. “


No comments:

Post a Comment