Saturday, January 29, 2011

WINNERS OF LOST


First Place
Despair by Patti Wheeler
"This appears to be Patti Wheeler’s first win which surprised me. Always good to have new winners to give the rest of us hope," Brian Crossland, Admin
 
Equal Second Place

Lost and found in Oregon by Shekinah Rae


Silent Lucidity by G Michael Le Roy
 

Third Place
Taps by Terry Atkin Rowe


Best of Theme picked by David Blose

Lost Books and Lost Travelers found here by Lea Miche
 
.
From David Blose:

First off, I want to let you all know how much I loved seeing your interpretations of "Lost". From the literal, the social statements, the out-of-the-box ideas! For a person new to the group, I was happy to see so much creativity.

I chose Lea's picture for best of theme. Firstly, it's beautifully photographed. The colors give the feeling of old and maybe forgotten as well. I really liked the focus being on the pictures on the wall, but still letting me have a peek around the corner and seeing what else is there lost, waiting to be discovered.

Secondly, this pic works on a Lost interpretation on several levels, and Lea alluded to such in the title. The photos on the wall, the old books, the building all bring to mind a time gone by. And then there's those who might find themselves in such a place. Would they be folks who are traveling, who got lost, or are they treasure hunters looking for that one item that they are missing.

Overall, this pic just worked for me. Congrats to everyone for a great experience!!!

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank David Blose for choosing my photograph for 'best of theme' -- from amongst so many stunning photographs, and interpretations both poignant and witty -- I felt really thrilled when I learnt you'd chosen my photograph, David. And for your positive critique and comments on my photo, too -- yes, I also very much like the several threads within that played on your theme (great theme, too!) -- thank you, very much!

    ReplyDelete