Saturday, January 8, 2011

WINNERS OF ORDINARY THINGS

 Picture Picks opened 2011 with the event Ordinary Things. The 27 photos posted to this event were definitely more than ordinary. Congrats to all participants to a great first event of the year.

 FIRST PLACE
Sink by Terry Atkin Rowe


SECOND PLACE
Crayons by Monica Griffey

THIRD PLACE TIE
Creation by Patti Wheeler
 
  
Keys to the Kingdom by Brian Crossland

Lawn Ornament by Jacqui Binford-Bell

BEST OF THEME
Kitchen Stuff by Fran Bareikis Pulli

Best of Theme was chosen this week by Terry Atkin Rowe:

This picture of ordinary kitchen utensils speaks to me, makes me wonder about the hands that have used them, the meals they were used to prepare, and the conversations that were held over those meals. Ordinary becomes extraordinary because of the photographer's vision. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all! Thanks so much for your votes for my photograph. I'm happy you got something out of it. My mother thought I was insane to have her pose with the egg. However, the photo has a deeper meaning to me ~ it references mothers & the ability to create life, in general. THANKS again!

    ReplyDelete